Grassroots Digital Organizer
Brass Tactics is seeking candidates for the new position of Grassroots Digital Organizer. The Grassroots Digital Organizer will be responsible for helping to plan and implement our digital engagement program for a campus organizing program, promoting events through digital outreach and amplifying our overall program work online. Current projects include standing up for environmental protections and combating climate change, as well as promoting access to affordable health care. Qualified candidates will have at least one cycle of previous organizing experience (electoral preferred) as well as digital organizing exposure (can be through intensive internship or similar experience).
Brass Tactics is a growing grassroots advocacy firm specializing in developing and managing issue and electoral campaigns. We work closely with national non-profit organizations, corporate partners, and state and local governments on a variety of progressive issues.
This position is based in Washington, DC, starting in mid-July and running through the end of October, 2017, with the possibility of extension into late 2017 and early 2018.
Salary is $4000/month and health benefits are available.
· Plan a strategic digital engagement program that moves our supporters to action and amplifies our events;
· Work with in-state organizing staff to understand their organizing activities and collaborate on how best to engage our supporters and improve digital interactions;
· Ensure supporters can move seamlessly between online and offline activities;
· Offer strategic and conceptual advice to program leadership on digital engagement, digital programs and promotion of events;
· Craft compelling content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other channels;
· Develop and execute plans for growing and mobilizing regional and national networks of supporters in ways that are integrated with our on-the-ground organizing efforts;
· Track and assess digital programs for effectiveness and adjust tactics as needed;
· Draft recruitment, promotional and outreach emails;
· Produce regular reports on relevant program metrics.
The Grassroots Digital Organizer will report to the Project Manager and Managing Director.
· Online and offline organizing experience;
· Proven ability to think strategically about member engagement through the course of an organizing campaign;
· Strong written and verbal communications skills;
· Collaborative approach to working with in-state staff to optimize organizing actions;
- Must be energetic, creative and motivated;
- A team player eager to work with others but able to function productively and effectively to carry out their own project responsibilities;
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and meet project deadlines;
· Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-moving, team-oriented environment;
· Willingness and availability to work long or irregular hours on weekdays and weekends when necessary;
· Some experience with Excel is required;
· Experience with VAN, experience with other CRMs a bonus;
· Familiarity with Hootsuite and/or other content management tools;
· Commitment to progressive issues and causes strongly preferred;
· At least one full cycle of organizing experience on a political or issue-based campaign;
· Experience with digital organizing;
· Positive attitude and personality; and
· Ability to easily adapt to changing and fluid situations.
Please submit a resume, and cover letter that also includes personal writing sample (sample can be a collection of emails, Facebook posts, and blog posts) via https://brasstactics.quickbase.com/db/biaqseawa and select "Grassroots Digital Organizer" in the "Position Applying For" drop down menu. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Brass Tactics is an equal opportunity employer that encourages a welcoming and diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color and members of the LGBTQ community.
Jobsthatareleft is a listserv run by Democratic GAIN. Membership dues keep us going. Please consider becoming a full member of Democratic GAIN by checking your membership status at https://www.democraticgain.org/members/membership.asp .
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jobsthatareleft/a00af2ae-e16f-414b-8375-8e836f563036%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.