Democratic Party of New Mexico – Finance Director
DPNM is seeking an experienced fundraiser who will serve as a strategic asset to DPNM's finance department and various federal, state and local officials and campaigns in New Mexico, and other elected and party officials and leaders across the state. The Finance Director will be responsible for managing the operations of the department, which includes but is not limited to: planning and executing events and other fundraising activities, call time, building and maintaining relationships, and direct solicitations from state and local donors through multiple channels and mediums. The Finance Director will have responsibility for developing and executing strategic fundraising plans and meeting performance milestones, with continual progress toward larger organizational goals. Additionally, he or she will be an aggressive innovator of new ideas, approaches, and opportunities to raise the necessary funds.
· A minimum of 2 years prior political fundraising experience – experience working on a Statewide or Congressional political campaign or a state political party preferred.
· Experience with online and direct mail fundraising
· Experience managing call time
· Experience creating finance/fundraising plans and prospectuses
· Experience conceptualizing, organizing, and executing successful fundraising events
· A record of and a commitment to innovative approaches in additional to the traditional fundraising tactics and strategies.
· Experience with targeting contributors and follow up management
· Ability to manage details and stay on top of multiple tasks, large and small, at once
· Social media skills
· Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills – the ability to speak persuasively in a charged atmosphere;
· A strong commitment to Democratic ideals and issues
· Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and NGP/VAN.
To apply, please send a (1) resume, (2) cover letter, (3) political writing sample, and (4) two professional references to Joe Kabourek, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DPNM seeks to fill the position as soon as possible, so please apply now if interested. No cold calls, please. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Democratic Party of New Mexico is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.
Jobsthatareleft is a listserv run by Democratic GAIN. Membership dues keep us going. Please consider becoming a full member of Democratic GAIN by checking your membership status at https://www.democraticgain.org/members/membership.asp .
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "GAIN Jobs via JobsthatareLEFT" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jobsthatareleft/16c3408d-9902-4733-adf0-a5f80028eb14%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.